Thursday, December 4, 2014

Memebox Unboxing: Global Box #16


The last Memebox I opened was created in collaboration with Samantha Schuerman and it contained amazing products! This time I'm bringing you a Meme Global Box. This is how I began with Memebox. I started purchasing "subscription" boxes from them when all they sold were numbered boxes. If you didn't act quickly enough the boxes would sell out and you had to wait until the next box was made available for sale.

I was lucky enough to purchase boxes 11 through 16 at a discounted rate that included shipping. I thought it was suck a steal. Well this is the last of that batch and I am excited to share it's contents with you...



1. RiRe Style Black Head Brush Cleanser and Skinny Black Head Closing Serum [40ml+20ml]
The full size products retail for $18



I was very happy to see that these products were full sized. According to the packaging this cleanser contains black rice, black beans, and black sesame. It removes all oil, dirt, blackheads, whiteheads, and dead skin cells from your skin. The cleanser is topped with a unique brush tip applicator which is to clean your face. 



When I tested this product I found that it did leave my face feeling very clean. However I have dry skin so I was left with a very dry and tight feeling after a couple of minutes. Also the brush tip applicator is about the size of a nickel and it can take awhile to use it during the face washing process. I will be sticking to my clarisonic. Once I topped my skin with the Serum I did get some relief from the dryness the cleanser caused but I did need to follow it up with a super hydrating moisturizer.

I think this cleanser would be great for someone with oily skin.

2. Elizavecca Shrink Lifting R Pro 120ml
Full size product retails for $28



I was pleased to see that this too was a full size product. When I tested this product on camera I was over taken by the strong menthol smell and the fumes that accompanied the cream. When I applied it to my tired feet a few days later I found that it did really give them some relief, but then the smell and fumes got to me again. I suffer from Asthma so this is not a great product to have around unless my nose is stuffy. I think I will use this sparingly in a well ventilated area.

3. Hair + Velvet Nutri-Injection 12ml
Full size product retails for $5



This is a leave in hair treatment that comes in a single size package. I have not used this product yet as I'm waiting to use it on a trip I'll be taking to Montana shortly. I'll give you an update after I've used it.

4. Unni Recipe Vitamin Recharger Mist 130ml
Full size product retails for $15



Again the box contained a full size product. I was shocked! Not only are the products amazing but for the price I was so excited to see another full sized product. 

This product is a facial mist and can be used before or after makeup application. It has a very clean and fresh scent to it and feels very hydrating.  I doesn't contain parabens, benzophenon, mineral oil, alcohol or artificial coloring. I would compare it to MAC's fix+. It's not meant to lock your makeup in place but more to feed your skin and add a layer of moisture back into it. It's a nice little refresher.

5. Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream 45ml
Full size product retails for $24




I know people who haven't experimented with Asian beauty products will cringe at the idea of applying a gel to their skin that consists snail mucus. Even the idea of spreading any kind of mucus on your skin probably makes you want to throw up...I felt the same way. However I vowed to keep an open mind when I signed up for these boxes since I knew that Asian beauty products never contained traditional ingredients. So I sucked it up knowing I would have to try unusual things.

This gel has practically no smell and when I applied it to my skin I found that it absorbed in super quickly. My skin felt so soft and supple after applying this product. I did follow it up with my usual moisturizer and my skin felt amazing for most of the day. I have very sensitive skin and I was waiting for that tell-tale burning sensation or redness to start up and I was very happy to say my skin didn't react at all. I'm going to continue using this product and will report back on whether I see any improvements to my skin or if I see any reactions after continued use.

6. Delskin Centella 90 Power Ampoule 30ml
Full size product retails for $14



This serum comes in a beautiful bottle that reminds me of old apothecary containers. The ampoule contains over 90% Centella Asiatica extracts and claims to sooth and repair the skin while being effective on sensitive skin. Especially those that suffer from reddened spots or blemishes. It's not a gel product but is much more liquidy than that. The instructions say that you should take a could of drops and apply to the skin twice a day. I founds that it would take more than two drops to cover my entire face but when I did I found my skin less tight and dry. It was a great feeling and I will have to continue to use it to see if the affects are long lasting.

The only issue I have with this product is that the same beautiful package is made of glass. This means I will NOT be travelling with it. If I find that I truly love it before I go on my winter holiday I will probably transfer some of the product into a small plastic container which is not that much of a hassle.




Final thoughts...
I could not believe that each and every one of the products contained in the Memebox Global #16 were FULL SIZE. This box retailed for $23. The prices for each of these tallied to a value of $104! That was the first thing that got me excited about this month's box. The second were the types of products. I was so glad that going into the winter months I received a number of products geared toward hydrating and protecting the skin. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't one cosmetic item, but that's the beauty of these boxes...you never know what you're going to get.

All and all I think this was a great box for the cost and that the items are high quality.

If you would like to try out Memebox click on the link below:

http://us.memebox.com/memebox-global?acc=90aef91f0d9e7c3be322bd7bae41617d

To see my first impressions of each of these items please take a minute or two or twenty to watch my review.




No comments:

Post a Comment