Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Ardency Inn: Manuka Honey Enriched Pigment First Impression and Tutorial


A little over a month ago I was watching YouTube with my best friend and she told me about this Beauty Guru by the name of Tati and how wonderful she was. I was seriously planning out how I wanted to launch my channel so I pulled up her channel and I was hooked! During her Sephora Haul: New Favorites and Regrets (Click here to watch it) she talked about these new pigments from a company I hadn't heard of...

Ardency Inn is a new cosmetic company based out of New York. This delighted me since NYC is definitely one of my favorite places to visit and also because it is a brand based in the USA. I do love to support those companies based here since we've lost so many to overseas production and globalization...that'a topic for another time...Anyhow when looking into the company I found that they are deeply rooted in the NYC music scene and have developed different lines of products to go along with each. 


Check out their website for more information on the company and other products they carry.

So what do I do? I run out and try to find these products for myself. I checked my local Sephora and since it's located within a JCPenny I was pretty sure they wouldn't carry them. I then checked the Sephora website only to find that most of the colors I would buy were out of stock. So the next step was to see which Sephora's near to me had it in stock and the nearest to me was still a good 40 minutes away in traffic (I do live in Southern California so there's always traffic!) Feeling a little defeated I went to Hollywood this past weekend to see Big Hero 6 (Which was amazing!) and I literally stumbled upon the Hollywood and Highland Sephora.

This store was massive and I almost passed out from happiness by finding a full stocked Ardency Inn display. The only thing that dimmed my happiness at all was the price of these pigments. Each pigment is $21.00 (misquoted the price in my video) and that meant that even though I was shopping during the VIB sale I would have to limit the number of pigments I purchased. I settled on the shades below. 

From Left to Right: Royal, Peacock, Vintage Gold, Punch, Tangerine



First we have Royal which is a deep purple with a slight satin sheen. 





Second is Peacock which has a Blue Brown duo chrome finish. This color appears as though the iridescence of a peacock feather was blended into a liquid metal.




Next is Vintage Gold which is a shimmery deep gold with tiny bright gold glitter pieces. It has a beautiful aged patina and reminds me of a gilded picture frame.



The fourth color is Punch which is this vibrant deep pink. It's not a true hot pink but is a deeply saturated peony pink. It's a beautiful matte pigment!




The final color is Tangerine which looks just like it's name says. It's a bright orange matte pigment which swatches true to the pan color.



Below are swatches I did of these pigments. I found that each has a very buttery texture and every last one swatched true to the color seen in their pots.
Left to Right: Peacock, Vintage Gold< Royal, Punch, Tangerine

I was truly impressed with the consistency of these pigments and love the fact that I get the pigment payoff without the mess that usually accompanies pigments. Traditionally you see pigments in pots or jars and they are a loose particle consistency. That can lead to fall out and mess. With these pigments you get the creaminess and color saturation of a pigment with the ease of an eyeshadow. Do be warned that the packaging does state that a few of these pigments should not be worn near the eye in the USA. Take that warning as you will and use those colors sparingly near your eye.

The product packaging is great. The pigments come with 1.7G of product in each pot and the packaging is sturdy and light weight. You could easily depot these pigments and place them into a customized palette for ease of use.

My only con in regards to this product is the price point. I do appreciate that these pigments are excellent quality and saturation, however the price point does not make it accessible to many makeup lovers. I do recommend finding one or two of the shades you love most in this collection and splurge as these are really worth it. 

This is the look I created using a few of the pigments.


Ingredients for look are:

Foundation: Makeup Forever Matte Velvet + in shade 060.
Powder: Tart Smooth Operator
Bronzer: The Balm Cosmetics - Bahama Mama Bronzer
Blush: Napoleon Perdis Colour Disc - in the shade 80
Highlighter: The Balm Cosmetics - Mary-Lou Manizer
Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills - Brow Dip - in shade Chocolate
Eye Primer: MAC Paints - in shade Unlisted
Eye Base: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil - in shade Electric Blue (Lid)
                 NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil - in shade Purple (Lower Lash Line)
Eye Shadow: NYX Nude Matte - in shade Dance the Tides (Crease Transition Color)
                      Ardency Inn Pigment - in shade Peacock (All over Lid)
                      Ardency Inn Pigment - in shade Royal (In Crease and Outer V)
                      Ardency Inn Pigment - in shade Royal (Lower Lash Line)
                      NYX Nude Matte - in shade I Have a Headache (Brow Highlight)
                      Ardency Inn Pigment - in shade Punch (Lower Lash Line and Inner Corner)
Mascara: Too Faced Better than Sex
Eyeliner: Kat Von D Tattoo Liner - in shade Trooper
Lashes: Ardell - Natural Demi Wispies
Lip: Revlon Color Stay Moisture Stain - in shade 025 Cannes Crush

To see the steps I took to create the eye look I came up with using these Ardency Inn Manuka Honey Enriched Pigments please click the video below:



No comments:

Post a Comment