Saturday, November 1, 2014

LORAC: The Royal 3D Liquid Lustre Set - Holiday Set 2014


The holiday season is fast approaching. Once the Halloween makeup has been washed off and the last of the candy is handed out, I will be shifting gears and preparing for all of those holiday dinners and parties. The required element for the holiday's?

Glitter and Shine!

So you have to know how excited I was when I came across the LORAC The Royal collection for this 2014 holiday season. The first and most versatile product I ordered were these 3D Liquid Lustre Drops. I own the set that was released last season and have found them so useful. I don't often go for a lot of shimmer but when I do, I want complete control over how much goes were and what shade of glitter is applied. These drops give you the best of all worlds.

These Liquid Lustre drops can be used on over top of your eyeshadow, as a liquid highlighter on the face, with tattoo stencils, to add shimmer and shine any where you can imagine.

So let's look at this season's colors and formulas. The set comes with four glittery shades:

  • Opal
  • Rose Quartz
  • 24K
  • Amethyst

After swatching these new Liquid Lustre drops I found that three out of the four have a lot of dense shimmer with each drop. With Opal I did see a beautiful iridescence and almost holographic quality to my skin and whatever product I layered it on top of. However, when I swatched this shade to the back of my hand I was disappointed at how patchy is seemed. After having used it a few more times I still continue to find that out of all of the colors in this set, Opal is the streaky where the others pack a solid punch.

My second disappointment was that one of the colors I bought last season was included in this set. When you see a makeup brand releasing a limited edition holiday item, you want it to contain products that are unique and relevant to the season. This next color Amethyst was included in the last Liquid Luster set I purchase and since there are only four bottles in this kit I found that having a repeat color released felt like a waste of money. The only salvation to remedy the way I feel is to know that I can take that duplicate and use it in an upcoming giveaway. As far as the formulation and color payout of this color is concerned...it is amazing and is the perfect cool purple in a liquid metal finish.

The other two colors Rose Quartz and 24K are my absolute favorites of this set. They are both super concentrated formulations and have a fantastic finish. Although both are glittery, the shade of the product is fairly natural and 100% noticeable. As with all of the Liquid Lustre products, you really need to be careful with the amount of product dispensed from the dropper. With one little drop you can complete looks on both eyes and have enough left over for facial highlighting.



For the price I believe this is a great set to give as a holiday present or to use for all of your holiday social commitments.

To purchase this product you can find it on either the LORAC website or Amazon.com. See the links below:

http://www.loraccosmetics.com

http://smile.amazon.com/LORAC-Royal-Liquid-Lustre


Check out the video below to see my first impresions of this product!

No comments:

Post a Comment