Saturday, November 8, 2014

Holiday Nail Tutorial Quick and Easy Burgandy and Gold Ombre



Today's blog focuses on the quick and easy holiday nail design. I have an event to go to tomorrow morning and wanted to jazz up my nails but didn't want to spend loads of time doing it. So here is what I came up with...

Ingredients I Used:
Base Coat - Beauty Secrets, sold at Sally's Beauty Supply
Base Nail Polish - Penny Talk by Essie
Accent Color - Visions of Love by OPI (Mariah Carey Collection)
Top Coat - Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat , sold at Sally's, Target and drug stores
One Makeup Sponge
Nail Polish Remover
Small paint brush
Scissors

Here's how I did it:


Step 1: Apply Base Coat


Step 2: Apply base nail color. (Penny Talk by Essie)


Step 3: Prepare sponge for ombre by painting one stripe of the OPI Vision of love in the middle and two strips of Essie Penny Talk on either side of Vision of Love.


Step 4: Line of the Vision of Love nail polish with the center of your nail and roll the sponge from side to side. This will allow for complete coverage. Bounce the sponge lightly up and down to help blend out any harsh lines. Repeat until you get the desired ombre effect.



Step: 5: Clean up the excess polish from around your nails with a small stiff paint brush and nail polish remover.


Step 6: Lock in your design and help prevent chipping by applying a top coat.

Here is the finished product...

It took me a total of ten minutes to do both hands and because of the fast drying top coat my nails where dry five minutes later.

I hope you like my Quick and Easy Ombre Holiday Nail Tutorial. If you would like to see me do this design step by step please watch the video below:



No comments:

Post a Comment