Thursday, November 13, 2014

Memebox Unboxing: Sam Schuerman Collab Box Review'


I'm so excited to be able to bring you the following review. I have been eagerly waiting by my mailbox for this package to come in and finally the wait is over! My Samantha Schuerman X Memebox finally arrived! Yay!

I have received a number of Memebox's and if you are not familiar with them they are a K-Beauty Box company. They are not like the traditional subscription box companies where to sign up and each month they send you the standard box and you pay a standard fee. With Memebox you must go to their website and choose the box you'd like to have sent. Each box has a specific date they will begin shipping them out so if you'd like them early you'll need to choose expedited shipping and if you are patient (which I'm not known for) you can pick the standard shipping. They don't just have a single box available each month but instead they have a huge selection of personalized boxes ranging from beauty, to skin care, color inspired boxes and even like with this one, Beauty Guru collaboration boxes. I have never been disappointed with a box from this company!

I have been subscribed to and have watched Sam's videos for years. She is actually one of the first YouTubers I ever watched and I was immediately sucked in and loyal to her channel based on her genuine personality and reliable real life beauty tips. She didn't care that people were making comments about her imperfections but instead she embraced them and helped others like myself do the same. It is largely because of her channel that I thought I could also follow my passion and start creating YouTube content.

So when Sam announced that she was collaborating with Memebox I was super excited and now here I am bringing my box to you.


The first thing you notice is how totally Sam this box is. It's pink...It's fun and It's playful. It completely suits her personality.

When opening the box I remember why I love Memebox so much. Look at the number of items you receive and their sizes! This is not some sample filled subscription box!


Included with the box are their standard informational cards. This month you receive two since Meme also included a quick bio on Sam and also because there are 7 full size products chosen to be included in this box. According to Sam's video she was given the opportunity to shop the Memebox website and research what she most wanted included in this box. I believe she did a great job giving the buyer variety. There's a bit of makeup, there's a bit for skincare and there's a bit for hair. It's a very well rounded box and I'm really surprised that the value far exceeds the $23 price tag.

Let's take a look at those FULL SIZE items included in this box:

1. RiRe Lip Manicure 3.7g (Retail Price $18)
Color options are 09 Brick Red, 10 Wine Burgundy, 11 Pink Brown

In the box you are randomly given one of the three lip color choices. In this case I received #11 Pink Brown which is a beautiful deep rose color. The lip color is applied with the doe foot applicator included and once it sets does not move, flake, or smear. This stuff stays put and required a makeup wipe in order for it to come off of my hand after swatching it.



The only con I can see about this product is the applicator size. It is a bit stubby but that can be remedied by using my lip brush with this product. The actual formulation itself is wonderful. It's a creamy lip product and although it dries matte it does not feel drying. I loved this product so much that I ran to eBay to purchase two other colors. Click the link below if you'd like to give this product a try.

RiRe Lip Manicure on eBay

#2 RiRe Pigment 3 Set (2.5g x3ea)
Includes 01 Snow White, 04 A-Pink, 05 Club Burgundy
Retail Price: $13 ea

The next product included in Sam's box are actually 3 eye pigments by Rire. I was really shocked to see that I would not just get one of the color choices available but all three. So that bumps up the number of items you get in this box from 7 to 9. That's an amazing deal. The pigments were packaged in the standard sifter jars below.


But that's where they stopped being standard. Each of these pigments are unique.



Snow White has a beautiful silver bell appearance. It's a chunkier pigment and swatches like a silver snowflake. It's a beautiful color that if used carefully would be a great lid color, brow highlight or inner corner brightener.








A-Pink has the same chunky glitter finish as Snow White but instead it has a great rose gold finish. When swatched it looks like a glittery copper penny. It'll be perfect for those family dinner and holiday parties coming up.






The last pigment included is Club Burgundy. This is my favorite out of the trio and has such a beautiful foil like finish. The color is a warm cranberry and rather than being glittery this pigment is butter soft and has a gorgeous sheen. I can see this being worked into many holiday looks.



Here are the pigments swatched:
From Left to Right: 05 Club Burgundy, 04 A-Pink, 01 Snow White
#3 Secret Key - New Premium So Fast Hair Booster Hair Pack 150ml
Retail Price: $24


The description says that this So Fast Booster Hair Pack restores the protective layer on dry or damaged hair and reduces the hair's porosity by 100%. This hair pack makes dry and damaged hair look and feel like virgin hair and increases the hair's resistance to breakage while healing, protecting and preventing further damage.

This is a hair repair conditioner that is used in the shower after you have shampooed. I have not yet had a chance to use this product but will do so in the near future to give you my thoughts. The packaging is nice, I always like in shower items that dispense from the bottom so you aren't doing the shaking dance and the smell was light and clean. I'll keep you posted on how well the product does in repairing and restoring my color treated hair.

#4 M.Daida Butter Cream Lip Mask 20ml
Retail Price; $13


This Butter Cream Lip Mask feels and smells so good. If you are not put off by the smell of cocoa butter you will love this product. This reminds my of Palmer's Cocoa butter and makes me want to eat it! The product comes in a small jar and looks a lot like a Lush refrigerated face mask. The product is very creamy and when applied to the lips it feels very moisturizing. The product absorbs into the lips and leaves a slight reside on the surface. I do feel a cool sensation in the few minutes it's on my lips and when I wipe the product away as instructed my lips feel amazing. I don't believe it has a plumping effect but the restorative properties of this product will be great through this winter.

#5 Youngwoosa I Love You
Oh Thank You Green Tea Seed Essence 40ml
Retail Price: $54



The product is described as being packaged in the form of a gift towards a precious one. It's infused with a Jeju island blend of organic green tea see and 7 different kinds of herbal extracts. It's supposed to instantly relive and replenish moisture to sensitive and stimulated skin.


The product is contained in this glass bottle and is dispensed with a dropper like many serums out there. That's where the similarities end. This product is lightly botanical in smell...clean and fresh. The product itself you would think would be gel like but rather it is very watery. When trying this out I felt like the product ran away and absorbed instantly. It looks like you will have to be quick this product when applying and it might take more than you are used to in order to apply to the entire face. I haven't had enough time to tell if it holds up to its claims but I will let you know in a future blog post.

#6 Holika Holika Sweet Cotton Clear Powder in Mist 65ml
Retail Price: $8


This facial spray amazing. You would think that due to the name and packaging that the product would smell of candy but instead it is very clean and lightly floral in smell. The mist claims to lock in your make up, keep it fresh looking and not allow it to melt down in the first couple of hours after application. I have used this product and find that the mist is nice and soft. It's doesn't over saturate your skin or move the makeup already in place. The smell is nice and light and hardly noticeable. My skin did feel hydrated after a light misting and did not dry sticky or tight. I do appreciate that the bottle is nice and compact and will be perfect for travel.

I'm going to continue using this product through the holidays to see how it holds up to the heat of the indoors and if there is any shine picked up in those family pictures we'll be taking. I'll keep you posted.

#7 Too Cool for School Play Cheek Angel Blusher 02 Sweet Peach
Retail Price: $14



I loved packaging of this product right off the bat. When I unboxed this blusher it looked like a small lunch pail or hat box and then to find that sweet orange sherbet blush color under the lid I was so happy. I was hoping that since the description said it was highly pigmented that the product would show up on my tan skin but that was not the case. Instead I found that this "blush" makes a wonderful highlighter. There is a beautiful warm sheen to the product and it give such a nice soft glow. Also included with the packaging was a powder puff that inserts into the underside of the pot. It's a cute touch but one that will probably not be used unless there is an emergency. I was really happy that even though this product didn't work out as a blush it will definitely double as a highlighter. 


This is the last product that was included in Sam's box and I must say I was a little sad that it came to an end. Don't get me wrong I was really impressed by the number of products and their full sizes. I just wished the fun would never stop. It's like when you open that last present on Christmas and know you'll have to wait until next year to be able to enjoy the same feeling. I thoroughly impressed by the products chosen by Sam given that she couldn't actually hold and look at them. Making these choices off a website is tough but I think she did an excellent job. There's something for everyone in this box and you can't beat the price of $23!

If you want to check out the Memebox website please click below.
http://us.memebox.com

If you'd like to see my first impressions of these products, please watch the video below. Thank you as always!


No comments:

Post a Comment