Thursday, November 6, 2014

Wantable Intimates Unboxing: October 2014


It's that time again and I was eager to rip into my October Wantable Intimates subscription box! This month I wasn 't overly impressed with the contents of my box but I wasn't so disappointed that I wanted to return this box. Basically the box was filled with items that are useful but there wasn't any one thing that made me go "Wow".

The first item I unboxed were these cream colored cotton and lace boyshorts.



Retail Price: $35.00
Can be purchased at: http://www.herroom.com/fleurt-205-lulus-delites-boyshort-panties.shtml

They are made by a company called Fluer't and they come with the cute little tag below that says "How do you fluer't". I'm assuming you pronounce the fluer't as "flirt" so I loved the play on words.



The feel of the cotton portion of the boyshort is extremely soft and silky. The lace does not have that typical itching feeling to it but we'll see after I've had a chance to wear them whether the lace will feel comfortable on and if the waistband actually stays up. I do like the look of this neutral, soft and girly boyshort and can't wait to wash and wear them.

The second item I took out of the box is this shapewear boyshort.


Retail Price: $14.00

There was no manufacturer name on the shaper so I can't tell you where to find a pair if you'd like to one pick up. The feel of the boyshort is very stretchy and soft. It feels like a typical shapewear garment. It has the heavy duty fabric at the "pooch" area and the extrawide waistband is supposed to be able to hold in where you need slimming. My concern with this garment is that, as a heavier girl, I know that boyshorts can ride up in the inner thigh area and these look just long enough to do just that. Once that garment creeps its way up and rolls into your inner thigh area your jiggly bits are more obvious and at times it can cut circulation off to that area. I makes me laugh at times when I see shape wear like this because they obviously haven't thought about the fact that women actually need to move throughout the day which means that the garment needs to move with her. Here is a look at what this is made of:



I will definitely give these a try and check back with you all and let you know if they did what they were supposed to do or ended up in the donation pile.

The third item in the box are these basic black boyshorts.

Retail Price: $10.00
For more information about this brand and where to purchase please visit the company website at: http://ihlgroup.com/



These black boyshorts are your basic neutral underwear you need to have in your lingerie drawer. They offer enough coverage when you need it and are stretchy and comfortable to wear. They are not so long in the leg that they would bunch up or gather in the inner thigh area and are a great basic to have if you're ever wearing a skirt that might blow up or pants that are a bit snug and you don't want that visible panty line. For the price they are a decent little addition to my lingerie drawer.

The last item that I pulled out of this month's Wantable Intimates box was this neutral grey shaper tank top.



Retail Price: $20.00

I could not find a retail store for this brand but I'm sure you look on line you could locate something very similar. The funny thing is about receiving this tank top in this month's box is that when I filled out my wantable style quiz I checked the box saying I hated tank tops. Given that I selected that you would think that the company would not send me the tank top above. I did figure that since I said I loved shapewear that they probably figured that this would still make me happy even though it is a tank. They were right. Out of all of the items from this month's box I really enjoyed this tank the most. 
I have had a chance to wear it under a long cardigan and I found it comfortable, breathable, soft and functional. It did what is said it would and smoothed out my belly and back. I was also impressed at the comfort at the chest area. Normally shapers like this are constricting at the bust and feel more like a sports bra than a tank, but this garment had more than enough room in the bust area to be comfortable and not flatten out the "girls". This item is truly what stopped me from wanting to send this box back for a refund.



My final thoughts on this box are that it is a nice basic box. Meaning that it was filled with neutral basics lingerie items that I can see myself using. It was not filled with items that I would have normally gone out and picked up since they were very basic staple items. I've come to expect from Wantable that I would receive a box with at least one or two items that would make me say "Wow" but this month was a bit lack luster.

However for the price of the subscription box ($36.00/month) I was pleased that the retail cost of all of these items added up to $79.00. That more than doubled the cost of the subscription price.

Come back next month to see what my next box reveals and if you'd like to see my first impression of this box please watch the video below. Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment