Thursday, October 30, 2014

Too Faced Sugar and Spice Holiday Set - First Impression and Review


A couple of weeks ago I had stopped by my local Ulta for a new foundation (click here to see that Ulta Haul) and saw that Too Face had released a few special holiday items. One in particular really caught my eye but unfortunately both Ulta's by my home were sold out. :-(

Fortunately enough for me I have a best friend who ran out to her local Ulta and of course they had it in stock. So into a priority envelope it went and I received it into my eager little hands today.


I was so happy to open the package and see all of the pieces included. Not only do you receive a eye shadow palette with 12 beautifully shimmery shadows, but you also receive a gold clutch and a deluxe sample size of the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara...all for $39.00.


Let's start with the deluxe sample size of the Better Than Sex Mascara.



Too Face claims...

Too Faced Hourglass-Shaped Brush was designed after discovering the bust-waist-hip ratio of an iconic silver screen Blonde Bombshell held the secret to the perfect brush silhouette that separates, coats and curls each lash to voluptuous perfection. One coat of the carbon black, collagen-fueled formula and lashes are full, defined and stretched to unbelievable lengths. Two coats and lashes are even more luscious, curled and dramatic. Three coats and achieve the most intense black, oversized, multidimensional lashes possible! A mascara so amazing...it's Better Than Sex!

Product Highlights:


  • 1,944% more volume*
  • 100% saw longer lashes**
  • 100% saw dramatic volume**
  • 93% saw base-to-tip curl**
  • 8 out of 10 say it's the best mascara they've ever used**

    *results observed in a clinical study.
    **results observed in a consumer study.

  • I did try this mascara and find that it does increase the volume definitely amps up when I apply two coats. However, I didn't see that the curl really hold throughout the day. I believe it's because the mascara is not a waterproof formula which tends to hold my stick straight lashes in a curl better. I will continue to use this product and see if using different eyelash curlers will help.

    The second item is the gold clutch...

    It's a standard makeup bag style clutch. It's so beautifully glittery and a great size if you wanted to use it for makeup or a night out. The thing I do love about it is that the "glitter" is that is doesn't flake off. The material that the bag is made of is smooth and shiny. It's definitely something you can carry with you and not worry about snagging it on your clothes...It's just a nice little bonus.

    So now for the main event....THE PALETTE!


    There are so many options with this palette. First off there are 12 shadows total, of them there are 5 matte shadows and 8 shimmer shadows. When I swatched the shadows I found that the matte colors are very pigments and do have a bit of fall out when applying it to my skin. However, this is typical of matte shadows and I'm going to wait and see how they perform with a brush before I make any decisions whether I truly like the matte shadows as much as I do today. As for the shimmer shadows...I'm really impressed at their texture and pigmentation. I can see working these shadows into my looks for upcoming holiday parties.

    Overall I believe this is a great value for the money. I have been shopping for many holiday sets in the past couple of weeks and for the amount of  product and the quality of product you get I am impressed. Whether or not I will stay impressed is yet to be determined....Stay Tuned.

    To see my first impression and review of this product when I opened it please watch the video below.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment