Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Kat Von D Chrysalis Eyeshadow Palette First Impression Review



Kat Von D Chrysalis Eyeshadow Palette
First Impression


For some reason I have a really hard time sticking to only the one or two things I need when I'm shopping. I mean I begin my shopping excursion with the best of intentions but then I see this shiny thing or that just out on the market product and the next thing I know I'm checking out with five extra items I really feel I need...well at the time at least

Last week's shopping experience at Sephora.com was no different. I went onto the site to look at the new holiday gift sets that are slowly making there way onto the market and I came across one from Kat Von D...but that's for another blog. This blog is focusing on the Kat Von D item I wasn't intending on buying but am so extremely glad that I did.

It's the Chrysalis Eyeshadow Palette.


When I looked at the palette I thought to myself that those are all of the colors I use on a regular basis all wrapped up into one beautifully packaged product. I needed to order it and get my hands on it immediately. So into my shopping cart it went.

When it arrived the other day I was so impressed with the weight and feel of the palette's packaging. It is a substantial palette and feels as though it would not be easily bend or damaged when travelling with it. However this palette it very light weight even though you are receiving a large mirror, 3 highlight texture bases and 9 eye shadows.



According to the Sephora website this palette:

What it does:

From subtle to sultry, experience a rebirth of color and explore endless eye looks with the Chrysalis Eyeshadow Palette. Featuring cool-toned shades in an ingenious arrangement that gives you the biggest basics and the most accent hues, now you'll have the freedom to create your heart out without running out of the go-to colors. Relish in the luxurious texture of triple-milled powder, which picks up instantly and lays down with a one-sweep, full-coverage application. The patented Power Last™, long-wearing formula gives you buildable, from dawn-to-dusk drama, while an infusion of antioxidants including rose extract and vitamins A, C, and E all work to keep your eyelids hydrated and protected.

After trying out this array of shadows I must say that the claims on the website actually hold true. These shadows are HIGHLY pigmented and have a soft and creamy feel. When I swatched the colors below I was surprised as they transferred to my skin very true to the colors viewed in the palette. Given that there are really no two shades alike I believe I will get a lot of use out of this palette.

First let's discuss the three textural base shadows included at the top

.
These three bases highlights are very different.

Lifelike gives you a creamy neutral color with matte finish.

Lunar Lights gives off more of a taupe glittery color with a metallic satin finish.

Lucid gives off a soft pink color with a shimmery finish.

As for the eye shadow shades I found very little fall out and very true colors with a lot of depth and dimension. They are a good mixture of matte, satin and liquid metallic finishes all from a powder shadow. 

From left to right...Lifelike, Lunar Lights, Lucid, Hybrid Moments, Mezzanine, Transition, Glasswing, Melancholia, Black Milk, Graphic Nature, Entombed and Tornay.
I will be putting together a few makeup looks using this palette and will post a tutorial or two on my YouTube Channel MakeupMaiWorld.

If you would like to see first hand my impression and review of this palette please watch the video below.


No comments:

Post a Comment