Saturday, October 11, 2014

Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer - First Impressions




So you know when you have to run to Target for toilet paper and come out with $100 worth of stuff you didn't need? Well...yesterday I went to Target for light bulbs and came home with $88 worth of lip products and guess what...NO LIGHT BULBS!


I came across this display and there went my train of thought...

Revlon just released their new Ultra HD Lip Lacquers in 12 dazzling colors. When you look at the display you'll find options from a delicate frosty pink to a in-your-face searing hot pink. So what did I do...I bought 11! The only reason I didn't buy all 12 is that someone had opened one of them to sample and that couldn't come home with me after being used. (Why do people do that?!)

Anyhow, off I went to the cashier with my new lip treasures in tow, anticipating reviewing these for you all and I completely forgot the rest of the items I actually went to Target for.


So onto the glosses...

Each Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer retailed for $7.99 at Target which I thought to be pretty reasonable given the amount of product and what other brands charge for similar lip products.

Here are the 11 shades I picked up:

 HD Carnelian
 HD Pink Ruby
 HD Garnet
 HD Rose Quartz
 HD Pink Diamond
HD Petalite 
HD Sunstone 
HD Citrine 
HD Fire Opal 
 HD Strawberry Topaz
HD Tourmaline

The applicator is a brush tip which I know is not always popular since they can shed or feel sharp against the lips. This brush applicator seemed very flexible and it evenly distributed gloss across my lips.

Swatches:


Now for the pros and cons...

Pros:
  1. The range of colors will allow anyone to find a shade that suits their style and skin tone.
  2. The glosses glide on smoothly and have a good slip to them.
  3. There is good color pay off. Even the glosses that were less opaque appeared very saturated.
  4. The darkest shade did last on it's own until my lunch and looked as though I had just applied it even after two bottles of water.
Cons:
  1. I was hoping that these Ultra HD Lip Lacquers were more than just glosses since the colors offered were so amazing. But unfortunately these can't really stand on their own,
  2. A major con for me is that when applying and immediately after this product felt sticky. I have very long hair that tends to drag product from my lips onto my cheeks and hot pink stripes will not suit me.
  3. Because it is a gloss the product does move and bleed beyond the boarders of your lips. I will be trying these out with the Ultra HD Lipsticks Revlon also released to see if this will give me the staying power I'm looking for.
Overall I don't regret buying these Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquers. For the price I believe I can still make use of them, even if only on special occasions. Of course not all of the colors will suit me but I will be handing them down to friends and family to try out as well. 

If you would like to see these products in action please watch the video below:



2 comments:

  1. saw these just last night at target and a few of these will be mine. wish i liked more of the colors, and that more complimented brown skin tones, but my bank acct will be happy i didn't like a lot of them. i'm a sucker for sparkly/glittery/iridescent pinks, so Pink Topaz will be mine!! it reminds me of adorned (?), which is good for when i can't find it. it also reminds me of one of the new cover girl katie perry colors that came out, i think it was pinkalicious or something. those glosses are terrible in terms of coverage and color payout, so i'm glad revlon has something similar!! i'm also digging Citrine because i noticed, when i swatched, that it has green microshimmer and i'm digging that combo, especially for fall. hopefully it will work with my brown skin tone. i saw in your video that you mentioned the name of the product being on the label and i don't know if you noticed afterwards, but it's also on the bottom, although it is super tiny in a size 2 font, so there's that. :/ glad you did a lot of swatches, that really helps!! :D - ciao bella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your great comments! I agree that I'm really excited that Revlon came out with this line since the glosses I was come across lately were just horrible in terms of coverage and formulation. I did see that the names were on the bottom of the glosses but unfortunately my eyes are not so great without my glasses and when I film I can't wear them because of the glare. Thanks for pointing that out though! I love your attention to detail. I must say that I think the majority of the colors Revlon came out with for this line is going to look great on your brown skin tone. I come off lighter on film that in real life and I was surprised that these lip lacquers are so pigmented that they'll compliment darker skin tones. It just depends on what types of shades you're drawn to. I hope you find all of the colors you loved at Target. Thank you so much for your comment. Please stop by again!

    ReplyDelete